Thursday, April 1, 2010

Undressed rehearsal

Had my radiation treatment practice today. It took longer to get through the road detours at MUSC than the actual treatment lasted. After maybe two minutes in the waiting room and about 30 seconds of chit chat I was masked up and laying under the radiation equipment. This is the kind efficiency I've been looking for in the medical community. The actual equipment did not make any noise and other than the song (You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman it was completely quiet. There were some flashes of light and the smell of a Sharpie, but other than that the procedure was painless. After I took my mask off one of the techs said I had a honeycomb face. I looked kind of like some reptile alien from the mask pressing on my face with so much pressure. So every Monday-Friday at 10:15am I get to visit room 165 @ MUSC.

Honeycomb face.....

1 comment:

  1. Did you get to request which song they played, or were you just lucky?

    ReplyDelete