Friday, March 12, 2010

Latest and Greatest

What? Timmy Tumor Blog
Where? Charleston, Florence, I95, I26, Hollings Cancer Center @ MUSC
When? Now
Why? Because I'm getting confused about who I've told how I feel, how the dr visit went, when the next dr appointment is, how I will feel, and the biggest question -if I will lose my hair?

Yesterday I finally heard from the study coordinator at MUSC. He said the Mayo Clinic had finished their analysis of the tumor sample and I am now completely eligible for the study (Phase III Study of Radiation Therapy with or without Temozolomide for Symptomatic or Progressive Low-Grade Gliomas).

The next step will be to meet on March 19 with my Neuro-Oncologist (Dr. Giglio), and the Radiation Oncologist (Dr. "Buddy" Jenrette). There is something comforting about having someone named "Buddy" in charge of shooting xray beams at my brain. We should be setting up a schedule for the radiation treatments. I'd like to start around the middle of April. That would buy me time to do the Cooper River Bridge Run and a few other things I had planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment